21.2.13

Owls and Ottawa part 3

I headed to Algonquin Provincial Park for a night and had some nice birds and mammals. Although it was cold and the roads were snow covered, I had a great time.



This Boreal Chickadee was hanging around the trailhead for the Spruce Bog boardwalk trail right near the visitor center turn off. This species is much  more difficult to capture than Black-caps which readily pose and come to sunflowers.



The Visitor Centre feeders were great for getting close views of a good variety of birds. This male White-winged Crossbill was a regular visitor.



 At least fifteen Pine Grosbeaks were visiting the feeders and this handsome male was one of at least five in the group.



 On my way out of the park in late afternoon, I came across this very tame Red Fox right beside the road. I got some fantastic close images before it sauntered off.



One of the big targets for the visit was Pine Marten. This was one of three I managed to come across in the Mew Lake Campground.

No comments:

Post a Comment