13.5.10

PELEE - MAY 6TH

I had Thursday May 6th 'off' so I spent the morning photographing. It was a bit challenging with all the big guns running around and many whose behavior bordered on down right ignorant. I wont be politically incorrect, but suffice it to say they come from one particular region of Canada! I waited patiently for this WHITE-EYED VIREO to show and should have nailed it. However two different groups attacked the bird from off trail and it spooked.




I spent a fair bit of time taking pics of people this morning because there were relatively few songbirds. However, the large group of COMMON TERNS on the tip put on a great show and took flight and wheeled overhead several times.




It was fun watching the TERNS and some of them were even courting. This individual is carrying a small fish (likely a smelt) - a common behavior during courtship.




No comments:

Post a Comment